Sunday, January 4, 2015

Floral Seven Sisters



I showed this block last week - nice to have a reminder of what the goal is!
Today I am hiding out in the family room and prepping more diamonds for hand piecing. What am I hiding out from you ask??? Well it is the weather of course, it is atrocious outside. We had snow and freezing rain yesterday and last night and even though it is milder today it is yucky and very messy. It is very dull and gray and the temps are expected to drop and everything is going to freeze up again. I do not have any plans to go out nor am I making any!!

I am content to stay inside and do some Slow Sunday Stitching today. I now have all of the stars pieced for four more blocks plus the one completed block that I showed last week.

I also have 42 diamonds cut and ready to piece into stars for a sixth block. The quilt consists of 12 blocks so I am really moving along nicely. I am in the process of drawing the diamonds for at least one more block and they are nearly ready for me to start cutting. I would love to get all of the diamonds for the stars drawn and cut today but I think that is a bit optimistic! Of course....there are still all of the pieces that need to be prepped for the background. ;)

10 comments:

Chantal said...

We have the same weather. We must live close to each other. Enjoy the slow stitching. It is the best thing to do today.

Prairie Patch Quilts said...

Your marking the fabric to cut is an amazing job. You will have a wonderful quilt. We have some frigid weather here in ND as well. It is nice to stay indoors and sew or quilt.

Quilter Kathy said...

You are making great progress on the cutting! It's the perfect task for this yucky weather!
Thanks for linking up!

Cathy said...

Woohoo!! Look at you go!! It's nasty here, too. Good day to stay inside and stitch.You'll Hand stitch and I'll paper piece.

Deb A said...

Once the prep work is done the fun play begins! I did some hand stitching already today... time to prep some appliqué while dinner cooks and Greg is out with the kids. His turn to watch them ride bikes on the driveway.

Julierose said...

this will be such a gorgeous quilt! 42 diamonds cut out--man, that is a lot...hugs, Julierose

CathieJ said...

I love awful winter weather because then I have a really good excuse to just stay home and craft. My day was spent taking down the Christmas tree.....sigh. No crafting in sight.

Lynne said...

It's hard to imagine snow when we are in the middle of a hot, humid summer!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

You are coming along nicely! Great weather for Quilting I agree. I hope to get a lot of slow stitches in this week as the temps continue to drop.

Jo said...

Yes it is the opposite of here. I'd be hiding out too., great work on your sisters