Friday, December 12, 2014

Still Winding Away

 

I am still working on my Winding Ways quilt blocks and I am making slow but steady progress. I feel pretty good about it too. I think I really am getting my sewing mojo back and it is not just a false start because if it was I know I would have already put these blocks away again for a later time. They are very challenging for me!

From the last batch of blocks that I need to make for the quilt I have now got all of the blocks with the brown corners turned into half sections and I have the reverse blocks pinned and ready to be sewn into half blocks.

Hurray for chain piecing!

I have also stitched together the narrow center joining sections and I made sure to use a very short stitch length. There is not a lot of fabric holding the two pieces together into the strip and if the stitch length is set to a normal length the stitching does have a tendency to come undone.

5 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

They are very challenging blocks to sew Ellen... you are doing an awesome job!

Chantal said...

I agree with Kathy. It is not a block I would personally try out so I truly admire your courage to tackle such a quilt. Wonderful!

belarmina said...

tus avances en esta colcha me impresionan!!!
buen fin de semana

Michelle said...

You are doing a wonderful job.......it's a block that I have never tried but one day !!

Cathy said...

I had no idea how those blocks were made. Yikes! But good for you for staying with the challenge of the blocks.