Sunday, December 14, 2014

Slow Sunday Stitching


Yesterday, I spent a bit of time tidying up my sewing room and cutting and putting scraps away. Once I got tired of that I decided to mess it all up again and pull out some teal scraps and make some more RSC sampler blocks. I did manage to get four done - only six more teal to go before I move on to the next colour.

Saturday evening I spent time watching television with my husband and relaxing while I sewed on the binding for my Seven Sisters quilt. I still have quite a bit to go and I plan to work on it some more today. It may not be the most exciting part of the quilting process but it is really satisfying and enjoyable!

Why not take some time to do some slow stitching today and also take a few minutes to pop on over to Kathy's Quilts. You can check out the links and see what other slow stitchers are working on today.

12 comments:

Chantal said...

I think sewing the binding on IS the most exciting part of quilt making. It means you are so close to the finishing line you can see it and then you can truly enjoy the quilt . WHOOHOO! Very nice teal blocks.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Binding here as well in between breaks for other things. Seems endless at this point, lol...
I think it's because this is the third binding project in a month or so now...

Cathy said...

I love sewing on binding but for some reason I hate sewing on the labels so they are often omitted or sewn on years later.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I love hand sewing the binding! It means it is almost done

Quilter Kathy said...

Yum... binding is my fave! And I love that deep blue binding fabric... enjoy!

Manuela said...

Beautiful blocks.

Greetings, Manuela

Deb A said...

I just love these seven sisters quilts and the blue is my favorite so far! Enjoy your stitches... and you are doing great on the sampler blocks. It does seem strange that we pick up the room only to pull everything out and mess it up to sew again!

Julierose said...

I find sewing binding on very soothing and relaxing--plus in Winter you have that quilt in your lap to keep you warm and cozy...enjoy hugs, Julierose

scraphappy said...

Beautiful teal blocks. You'll be done in no time if you keep up this pace.

belarmina said...

preciosos los tonos turquesa!!!
sera un bonito arco iris....
buena semana

Kaja said...

I like your teal blocks. Good luck catching up with the RSC.

Jo said...

Bindings always make me feel like I am nearly there