Saturday, December 27, 2014

Sampler Blocks - RSC 2014

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I had the perfect celebration - both of my sons were home with my husband and I and I couldn't have asked for anything more or better!

This is the final scrap happy Saturday of 2014 for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and I didn't have any new blocks made to post this morning. I haven't been doing very much sewing the past couple days but I really wanted to make sure that I posted some more of the Sampler blocks. Happily, I was able to get into my sewing studio this afternoon. I worked with my purple scraps and I made six new blocks.

The two blocks on the left hand side were completed during April - the actual purple month. I am very happy that I have now completed all of the purple blocks for the Sampler. The best part is that I was able to get all of the scrappy pieces for these blocks from my strip bins and/or part bins. It feels so good to use it up!

Angela of soscappy is hosting the RSC again in 2015 and I know I will be participating....how about you?

6 comments:

belarmina said...

Tus bloque son preciosos!!!
me alegra que tus fiestas fueran tan familiares y tranquilas
las nuestras no tan felices hace solo un mes que falleció la madre de Antonio, así que fueron unos días de añoranza y tristeza,
ahora preparamos el día de Reyes en España la fiesta de los niños y mayores, llegan lo regalos y la alegría de los pequeños y eso se contagia
saludos

Quilter Kathy said...

For sure I will be participating in the RSC next year... those scraps never seem to end for those of us that make lots of quilts!

Jo said...

I will be there with you. Lovely looking blocks

scraphappy said...

You are making great progress on the sampler quilt. Pretty in purple. The nice thing about little blocks is that they come together pretty quick once you find the time to sneak away from life for a few minutes. You'll have enough blocks for a quilt before you know it.

Chantal said...

Lovely purple fabric you have. It makes pretty lovely blocks too. I will join next year for the first time. I've choosen the block I want to do. :D

make.share.give said...

Very nice! I'm gonna have to go back and find the bottom-row left corner block. I'm picturing it in scrappy brights...