Saturday, December 13, 2014

Sampler Blocks - RSC 2014


Lately I have been seeing some gorgeous RSC sampler quilts online - you know who you are :)) - and I have been drooling over them. They are just wonderful and Angela did such a good job putting everything together for all of the participants. I have been an on again/off again participant (what is wrong with me????) all year so I do have some blocks made but nowhere near enough to make a quilt.

pretty but oops
On Thursday I decided I wanted to make all of the blocks that I missed. I know it will take me a while to get caught up but it will be so worth the time. I visited her site and printed out the list of blocks for the sampler and got to work. I cross-checked the list and marked the ones that I needed to make. The on-line list has links to all of the instructions and that made it so easy to find what I needed to get going.

I made all six of the pink blocks.... plus one extra. I think they turned out so pretty although I was disappointed with my version of one them. I love the block and I love the fabrics but it was a real oopsie! Look at the difference in size...I used 1.5" strips instead of 2" and that was such a disappointment because it would have been perfect. It all ended up just fine though because I also really love the one I made in the correct size and I am sure that the extra wee one will find a home of its own. We all know how much I love little blocks ;).


See the difference in size...darn!

Pop on over to soscrappy's and check out the links from other Rainbow Scrap Challenge participants!

14 comments:

scraphappy said...

WOW! What beautiful pink blocks. I made one or two the wrong size along the way too :O. It is amazing what can be fixed with a little sashing strip or a square up ruler. So happy to see another great quilt on the way to rainbow happiness!

Quilter Kathy said...

Just add a wee border to the too small block... it's so cute

Marly said...

Lovely blocks, especially the basket is beautiful. That's one I didn't make, although I can't remember why!

Chantal said...

It is a very pretty block. Too bad the size is wrong ... for this quilt but you know it is perfect for another quilt ... or a mug rug! ;^)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

That is the can do attitude. Have fun catching up I agree Angela's rainbow sampler quilt is so cute!

Cathy said...

I'm not one of those with the gorgeous samplers but I sure see a lot of them out there in blog land. It's fun looking at all the ways everyone has chosen to set their blocks.

Deb A said...

I like the little block - I'd just add a frame to it so she can be included in! Great job Ellen.

ES said...

Lovely blocks, lovely shades of pink. Darn about making one too small! we're only human aren't we? and it's nice that you shared you 'little' mistake with us to make us all feel better about our own mistakes along the way. I am only new to sewing and quilting so I like to know I am not the only one who messes up!!

Jo said...

Oh no.... It just means you have another project started. I'm sure you will use it up

Kate said...

Very pretty pink blocks! Angela found so many fun blocks for last year's sampler. There's enough inspiration there for several quilts.

Nell's Quilts said...

Good for you deciding to play catch up and doing so well. The pink blocks are beautiful. I agree, Angela's organization made it so easy to catch up if a block was missed. Enjoy the rest of the rainbow adventure.

belarmina said...

todos los bloques son muy bonitos,
el pequeño seguro tendrá su sitio
¿en otro proyecto?
saludos

Cathy Tomm said...

Great work on the sampler. I also have missed a few blocks and need to get back to it. Next your challenge for myself, maybe.

katie z. said...

I made the same one too small the first time too!