Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Dear Jane - Tic Tac Toe (C-4)

Woohoo....I have another Tiny Tuesday block to show!

This block was such a challenge for me to make!! I had a lot of difficulty aligning the grid in the center of the block and had to redo parts of it over and over and I still couldn't perfect it. Those little squares in the center are not all the same size and not necessarily square either. When I was piecing it together it was so easy to pick up the wrong one or even the right one but get it turned around. There may have been some @#%#$ going on!

As you can see in the photo, the center section is less than 3" square and contains a whopping 21 pieces. No wonder I was having so much trouble - tiny pieces = fumbley fingers.

7 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh my... that is very challenging!

Julierose said...

You know what--this is YOUR Modern Dear Jane--wonkiness is IN today--and when push came to shove you stuck with it and did it. WOO HOO is right! hugs, Julierose

Deb A said...

Congrats on getting it complete.... with the whole quilt no one will notice anything other than - what a really neat block! Great job Ellen. So nice seeing these again on Tuesday's. I hope to start appliqué midgets in January =)

scraphappy said...

Finished is far better than perfect. In the end, nobody will notice the crookedness. Great progress.

Chantal said...

Amazing! I am stunned! Too small for me. I would have applique the thing instead of sewing it. Brownie points to you !

Jo said...

It is a fascinating quilt. Well done on doing this block...

The Cozy Quilter said...

I love your liberated little block!