Thursday, December 11, 2014

Churn Dash Blocks

Over the past couple days I have added to my collection of churn dash blocks. I made two 12" blocks from largish pieces of scraps and I had enough bits left over to make 4 each of the 6" blocks.

I have a long way to go before I have enough blocks to make a quilt but I figure if I can be a little bit disciplined I can add to the blocks each month while participating in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge in 2015.

I have been seeing some really wonderful quilts made from churn dash blocks around blog land and I do hope mine turns into a wonderful quilt too. I don't really have a plan or design at this point other than using a combination of 3 different sized blocks and I want to keep the colour scheme a bit muted and masculine.

I tried to put all of the blocks I have made so far on the design wall together to take a photo but they didn't want to cooperate and kept falling down so I have included a photo of the last group shot I took.  I really do love the look of the churn dash!


7 comments:

Julierose said...

I really like those big and tiny churn dash blocks together--very graphic looking hugs, Julierose

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Everything about this quilt looks great--the different sizes of churn dashs and the two colors--is going to be beautiful

scraphappy said...

Churn dashes are a great classic block to choose, and doing them in three sizes will make great use of all your scraps. Sounds like a fun plan for the new year.

Chantal said...

I love Churn Dash too since they are in the family of the 9 Patch!! Love the blue and grey together. I took note of the combination. It might end up on my boys' bed someday. Great work Ellen.

Jo said...

I really like how you have them in all different sizes

belarmina said...

maravillosos bloques !!!
tienes que estar muy satisfecha de tu trabajo, son muy bonitos
saludos

Cathy said...

Here's to a new RSC year and a fantastic churn dash quilt!