Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Tiny Tuesday...on a Wednesday Dear Jane C-11

Gasp!!! Happily, I have been working on my Dear Jane blocks and I think this one turned out just fine. This block is C-11 Soldiers and Sailors Monument. If you look at the pattern you see that this could be pieced in sections but I made it a bit simpler for me. I made a template of the lighter area and and traced it onto my fabric. I cut the fabric in one piece and centered it on the background and appliqued it in place. I wish I had taken photos of my process but I didn't have my camera available at the time.

I jumped ahead a bit again and chose a block that was applique only. I do need to go back and fill in the blanks and make the skipped blocks. I should have time today to get some of them prepped and ready for piecing.



5 comments:

Deb A said...

Great job and a smart way to piece that one! So glad to see some Tiny Tuesday blocks again =)

Manuela said...

Beautiful DJ block.

Greetings, Manuela

scraphappy said...

Congratulations on getting back to Jane. Mine is waiting for borders. Maybe someday.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Your Tiny Tuesday block is adorable! Nice fabric and very nice applique. Love sis

Chantal said...

Great job Ellen. If ever I do a DJ quilt, I would appliqué all the blocks lol.