Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Slow and Snowy Day

So close to finishing - just one corner left!!
Little Miss Muffet sat on her tuffet and quilted the day away! Seriously, I spent most of the day hand quilting my Seven Sisters quilt. I am so close to finishing the quilting but I just ran out of time and steam.

I was supposed to go and visit my sister Glenda yesterday but I cancelled because of the bad weather. She lives close to a 90 minute drive from me and I just didn't want to risk it so we have rescheduled to next week. So, don't tell anyone but I spent the day in my jammies and housecoat instead and held the couch down while I stitched away! My husband is still recovering from his shoulder surgery so he isn't able to do too much but he did make a fire in the fireplace and we just relaxed together all day. Definitely time well spent!!

backing fabric
Today, I need to get back at the baby quilt I am working on. I did get the blocks all joined into a top and I just need to add the borders and make the backing. I should certainly get that done today as well as load it on the frame in anticipation of quilting it.

5 comments:

Prima Donna said...

Sounds like the perfect way to spent a cold day. Or, any day, for that matter.

Deb A said...

Sounds like a perfect day - fire in the fireplace, jammies and quilting.

canuckquilter said...

What a lovely way to spend a snowy day. And the quilt is almost done! You have been much more diligent with your hand quilting than I have been lately. The planned Christmas finish doen't seem likely for me at this point!

audrey said...

Wonderful that you're getting so close on your seven sisters! I would love to spend the day in my jammies, but I don't think my family approves.:)

Chantal said...

Wise decision to stay home on a snowy day. Wish I didn't had to work yesterday but anyway! Your day was very productive on another project and that's good to break the routine up a little. Now, you will have more stamina to finish the baby quilt. Enjoy!