Sunday, November 23, 2014

Seven Sisters

I still need to remove quilting marks.
Lately, I have been putting in some good quality time with hand quilting my blue Seven Sisters quilt and it shows. I have finally finished all of the quilting and I have removed all of my basting stitches. I am so pleased with myself and with the quilt!

The next step for me is to trim the edges and then mark and add the binding. My goal is to make all of my Seven Sisters quilts completely by hand so that step will take me a bit of time to do but it will be so worth it.

Today is Slow Sunday Stitching over at Kathy's Quilts and I will be taking part by working on this quilt. Pop on over and check out the links to other slow stitching participants.

13 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations! So exciting to be moving on to the next step!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Congrats on finishing the hand quilting on this beauty! You have some very lucky sisters!

Lisa J. said...

Beautiful!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Congrats on a finish ! well almost, up till the binding :)
Gorgeous work.

Chantal said...

Way to go Ellen! It is such a beautiful quilt. Yes it is well worth it. I am sure your sisters appreciate it too.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Congratulations on the finish Ellen. It's lovely.

Stephie said...

Wow, beautiful! So exciting to finish, congratulations!

CathieJ said...

Congratulations on the finish. The binding will be a breeze now. That quilt looks beautiful.

Deb A said...

Woo Hoo! Big congrats to you Ellen. So.... what color will the next one be?

The Cozy Quilter said...

I love your starry quilt!

Jo said...

I was only telling someone about you on Friday. I was wondering how you have been doing. So glad you are still working on one of them. It is a great idea.. Well done

Cathy said...

WOW! What a gorgeous piece of work!
Can't wait to see what you do for the next Sister.

belarmina said...

precioso edredón!!!!!
me gusta
saludos