Saturday, November 15, 2014

Saturday Sewing

I have been participating in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge hosted by Angela of soscrappy for a few years. I really enjoy participating but lately it has been more miss than hit. :(

Today I decided I had better remedy that and I made four mini star blocks using light blue. I have been making little star blocks for the RSC for a few years but because they are so tiny I will probably need a few more years to make enough of them for a quilt. They will finish at 3" and because of their size they really are quite scrap friendly. They only require a strip of 1" and 1.5" fabric and I can always find something to use in my strip bins. Sometimes, when I am cutting up scraps I do remember to cut and set aside a few strips specifically to make these blocks but I really should make a better habit of it.

Pop on over to soscrappy's and check out the links.

10 comments:

Nell's Quilts said...

Such cute little stars. What a great way to make them.

Marly said...

Pretty little stars.

canuckquilter said...

3" finished! Those are tiny pieces, but the stars are mighty cute.

Dasha said...

My goodness - you are a sucker for punishment! 3" star blocks! Oh me oh my. But they are just gorgeous. Love how they look in a little group.

katie z. said...

Lovely! My piecing on small scale is not nearly so neat.

Chantal said...

You're telling me these hour glass units are only 1.5 inch??? You have eagle's eyes or what? How can you work with such small pieces? I am in awe in front of such tiny work. Kudos to you my dear. Amazing!! I love the bottom left one best. Adorable!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I too love your little 3" stars - something I do not think you will catch me doing. Those little pieces would get lost in my big clumsy hands. Great work Ellen! Love sis

Peg said...

Wow what lovely work in such tiny pieces

Deb A said...

Wow - I did not realize they were so tiny! Great job and glad you could join in this week.

LA Paylor said...

great contrast and fabric choice. LeeAnna at not afraid of color