Saturday, November 8, 2014

New Baby Quilt


I need to make a new baby quilt for a little boy that is due in January and I am running out of time to get it done. The baby shower is on Nov 22 so I am not completely out of time but I do have to get at it! I think that part of the reason for the procrastination was that my original design, although really good, was not THE design for this baby quilt.

something is not quite right ! ;)
I looked on line where the Mom is registered and I saw that the main colours she chose were blue, green and brown so that is what I went with. The block will finish at 10" and there are a lot of little pieces packed into it! I wanted to do a test block first to make sure everything looked good and fit properly and wouldn't you know it....I sewed a piece on wrong.  It didn't take long to correct my mistake and now I know that I need to pay closer attention as I piece the rest of blocks.

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

This block is just so cute and such teeny tiny pieces! I am looking forward to see all the blocks together.

Love sis

Angie said...

Love the colors! What a fun quilt this will be!

Quilter Kathy said...

That's a fun block... when it's sewn right! LOL

Chantal said...

Good luck.

Deb A said...

Such a pretty block! Love the colors.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Such a wonderful block!
Wishing you success in completing the quilt on time for the shower!
You can DO it! :D

Donna said...

That's a lovely block. I'm thinking you have some busy days ahead. What a lucky baby!

audrey said...

It's a great block!

Cathy said...

Oh, yummy color combo and block. Good luck on a finish!