Friday, November 21, 2014

Mission Accomplished


I just put the final stitches in this quilt and I couldn't be happier! I absolutely love how it turned out. I needed to have it finished for tomorrow for the baby shower and I did it! The Mommy-to-be is the daughter of my friend Louise who passed away a couple years ago. I miss my friend dearly and I know she would have loved to have been able to spend time here with her grandchildren.

I know that this design doesn't really look like a 'baby' quilt and I didn't really want it to. I made it with the hopes that the baby will get many years of use well past the baby stage. It finished at approx. 49" square and I quilted it with brown thread and used a star and loop pantograph.

6 comments:

canuckquilter said...

I love baby quilts meant to grow with the baby. I really like your design. There's a lot going on to keep the eye moving around.

Deb A said...

He's going to treasure that quilt for years to come! Great job.

Chantal said...

Congratulations on a lovely finished and remarkable timing too. Great design, great job, wonderful quilt!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Beautiful! Just love this design and perfect to grow with little boy. Love sis

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

It's a beautiful accomplishment and one that your friend would love dearly as well as that baby will!

Peg said...

What a glorious baby quilt! And so useful beyond those baby years. Our daughter requested the same kind of idea for her baby quilt, but then our DIL said she liked 'cute' and 'bright' so I went with a more traditional baby pattern for hers. No matter, moms and babies appreciate these quilts. Maybe this one will be passed on the same as the quilts I had for my babies got passed on to my grandchildren.