Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I Stuck to the Plan!

I did it...I stuck to my plan and had the baby quilt loaded and ready to go on the long arm and I just finished quilting and trimming it. I think it looks pretty good!

I needed to trim and square the top in anticipation of adding the borders and I was quite surprised at how wavy and out of square it was.  If it had been hung outside for a photo shot a good stiff breeze would have made it wave like a flag!  I knew that I had an issue but I didn't realize how bad it was. 0) I was a little nervous about the trimming part but it all worked out and when I added the borders a miracle happened and it squared up perfectly.

I already have the binding strips cut and I still need to add a label. My goal for tomorrow is to sew the binding on by machine and then get as much binding hand sewn as I can. I had a brain cramp because I thought the baby shower was on Sunday but noooo it is being held on Saturday - one less day to finish.

3 comments:

Deb A said...

Yikes! Get busy with that binding. Who needs sleep anyway?

Cheryl said...

Ellen it is gorgeous! So love this little baby quilt. I think your friend Sherry would love it too!

Love sis

Chantal said...

Way to go Ellen! It is gooooorrrrgeous!! Almost done.