Saturday, November 22, 2014

Blue Pinwheels

Wow, I slept in until 8 am today. It felt really good but I don't want to make a habit of it because it just feels like part of my day has been stolen from me!

Shortly after I got my act together I headed into my sewing room and made these cute pinwheel blocks. I was able to include blue scraps from the baby quilt I just made - gotta love it! I love being able to use up all the bits and pieces left over from making quilts and turning those scraps into quilts too. :))

The Rainbow Scrap Challenge is the perfect motivation to get those saved scraps turned into 'something'. These little blocks have been added to my growing stash of pinwheels and will someday be turned into a beautiful quilt.

Pop on over to soscrappy's and check out the links - you will find plenty of inspiration to turn your scraps into something beautiful.

6 comments:

scraphappy said...

Beautiful blues today. It is nice to see so many scraps turned into lovely little blocks for someday.

Nell's Quilts said...

Lovely blues! Pinwheels are one of my favourite blocks.

Chantal said...

After all the quilting you've done to finish the baby quilt, I think you DO deserve a few more hours in bed maybe even breakfast in bed. (But I guess you are like me; if you want breakfast in bed, you need to get up and make it yourself? Sorry about that.) Love the blues.

Peg said...

Such prettiness! And such ambition - getting started early in the day. It's now 0500 and I'm awake, wishing I was asleep, and not doing anything productive.

LA Paylor said...

so fresh and pretty. I have a pastel pinwheel quilt on the bed, bought it at Khols so we'd have a quilt the dog could lie on too! LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Cathy said...

Glad you found some time for RSC. Sweet pinwheels. I know what you mean about day being stolen if you sleep late. I'm on vacation this week and still up at 4 am so I don't waste any vacation time!