Sunday, October 5, 2014

Slow Sunday Stitching

Today is Slow Sunday Stitching over at Kathy's blog - Kathy's Quilts. I haven't linked up in a while because I haven't been doing very much hand work at all. How lucky for me that things changed this week.

I did finish a hand applique Dear Jane block and I blogged about it here. I am so excited that I have picked up this project once again.
quilt back


Today I will be spending some time doing some hand quilting on my blue Seven Sisters quilt. Kathy blogged about using big stitch with red thread for her current project. Well, I can't say that I have done any big stitch quilting intentionally but I have stepped away from my usual neutral quilting thread and I am using blue thread for this quilt.

closer look at the back
There really isn't a lot of contrast so it doesn't stand out a lot but I think it does look pretty good with blue stitches.

What hand work project will you be working on today?

11 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

When I enlarge it I can see the pretty stitches just fine :)

Hand quilting today as well :)

CathieJ said...

Your hand quilting looks great. I really like the blue thread.

Suzanne said...

Enlarging the photo shows your work is beautiful!

Quilter Kathy said...

Happy to see the blue sisters getting some attention :) Enjoy!

Cathy said...

Looking good. It's nice to see you back in action.

sewyouquilt2 said...

looks good.I am hand stitching some dresdans

Teresa in Music City said...

I think a different color thread really emphasizes all that hard work and provides such a nice contrast for the eye to enjoy! Great job!!!

Kitten said...

I like your blue stitching. It shows up nicely when I enlarge your pix. After seeing lots of contrast/big stitch quilting I think I'll have to try it, too.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Debbie
===^..^===

Christine Feldstein said...

Your hand quilting looks very nice!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I too love the blue thread that you are using. It is really nice to be able to see the hand stitching when you use the blue thread. I do admire your hand work Ellen.
Love sis

Belinda said...

Yes, it is cooling off some and it's time I got out my quilt I was hand quilting on. You are brave trying a blue thread. I think it looks pretty good and the contrast is just right!!