Saturday, October 4, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge


The colours that we are working with for the month of October are brown, black or gray. In my scraps I found some fabric that has a black background with a brown motif and I made some 6" churn dash blocks with it. I had started working on a churn dash quilt last year and even though I haven't made a lot of progress I do have a few blocks already made. I have no plan at this point other than to use a variety of 12", 6" and 3" blocks in the design.

These are the blocks that I have made so far. It appears that I am missing a 3" block or maybe I didn't have enough scraps available to make it at the time. Hmmmm...I will have to keep an eye out for it. In any case, I still have a long way to go before I have enough blocks to make a quilt.

I am linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge over at soscrappy's. Stop on by and check out the other links - you just may be inspired to dig out your scraps and join in!

17 comments:

scraphappy said...

What a lot of churn dash blocks. It is a favorite on mine, but seeing it in all different sizes is so much fun. Hope that missing block turns up. They always seems to appear for me right after I make another.

Kate said...

It's going to be a very dynamic quilt.

katie z. said...

I love the blocks!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love how the churns are looking all together!
I might have to start one of these!

Angie said...

Such fun to see all the different size churn dash blocks together!

Cathy said...

That looks like a lot of fun!!

Sheila said...

Looking good. Three block sizes. Had not thought of that.

Teresa in Music City said...

Churn Dash is one of my favorite blocks - I love your blocks!!!!

Nell's Quilts said...

What a great little project! The churn dash is such a versatile little block. Great to see it in all the different sizes. Looks good in black and brown.

Julierose said...

I really like the different sizes of your churn dashes--very nice background fabric! Don't you just love it when you find the "right one"? Hugs, Julierose

Quiltbenaco said...

Molto bello questo blocco, anch'io un po' di tempo fa ho provato a realizzarlo ma, come spesso succede, poi non ne ho fatto niente, mi riprometto di riprenderlo un giorno...
Ciao

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

The colors work great with that block!

Mystic Quilter said...

You have been busy! Love what you've done with the different sizes of Churn Dash.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I too love your Churn Dash Blocks. Looking forward to seeing this quilt come together.
Love sis

Cathy said...

I think a quilt with churn dashes of different sizes will be just awesome.

Deb A said...

I can't wait to see what you do with all those great blocks.

Carla said...

This is very very cool : )