Thursday, October 2, 2014

Dear Jane - Jane's Tears (C-9)

It has been such an incredibly long time since I have worked on these blocks!!  On Wednesday, I went to my Moraine Guild meeting and of course I went early to take part in the sit and sew.  I decided to take Dear Jane with me instead of hauling my sewing machine and all of its accoutrement. I have found that I don't really get too much sewing done so why bother with the hassle of lugging all of that stuff around with me. So Dear Jane it was...oh Jane....how I have missed you!

So far, I have been sewing these blocks pretty much in order but I chose to skip a few blocks because I wanted to take applique with me instead of hand-piecing. The pieced blocks usually have so many pieces and I didn't want to get any teeny-tiny pieces lost.

I think my block turned out pretty cute and pretty well considering I still classify myself to be a beginner with hand applique and I am really out of practice. :)  When you compare my block to the real Dear Jane block there is a larger gap between my applique tear drops but it did turn out more in line with the pattern from the book. I think I would have liked it better closer together but I am happy with it regardless.

On the home front - my husband had his surgery a week ago on Monday and he is making great progress. I really hope that things have settled down enough around here for me to go back to some wonderful routines that I really do enjoy. You know...things like quilting and blogging!

7 comments:

Deb A said...

So nice to see a new DJ block from you. Good choice on taking an appliqué and it came out great. Hope he has a quick recovery so you can get back to your 'normal' routine.

Cathy said...

Glad you found time for a little fun stuff. How cute!

belarmina said...

Deseo que tu marido se recupere pronto y así ver tus grandes trabajos
tu bloque Dear Jane es muy bonito
yo en este trabajo voy muy lenta
saludos

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Nice job on Jane's Tears. I too am happy that you started work on your Dear Jane blocks again.
Love sis

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Nice job on Jane's Tears. I too am happy that you started work on your Dear Jane blocks again.
Love sis

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your block turned out beautiful!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

It looks great and hey...no one's tears fall evenly or the same..just like snowflakes, right? :)