Saturday, September 6, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Orange

It has been so long since I have actually sat at my sewing machine so I thought I would treat myself today. I had spent the day working at my Mom's and I just needed some me time. I could not resist making the RSC Sampler blocks - really - who could resist making orange blocks? Well, not me in any case. The first one is a bear paw and the second one is called Kick.

My scrap organization is still underway and I am making a lot of good progress. I was using laundry baskets to hold my strings and crumbs as I sorted but I have had to upgrade to 68L (18 gal) bins because the baskets were overflowing. I am topping the new bins as well but I will not buy anything else...I will just have to use those bits and pieces up!

My scrap organization has already come in handy because it has allowed me to find the pieces I needed for these blocks. I used leftover 'triangle in a square' pieces from my Celtic Solstice quilt and I was able to find them in my sewing studio with ease. I am feeling quite virtuous at the moment ;).

5 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

So glad you are already reaping what you sewed! Alright that is silly. I hope you have as much fun using those scraps as I have the last four years.

scraphappy said...

Glad you enjoyed a bit of sewing time. Sounds like your organization system is working for you. Best of luck using up enough to get it all to fit.

Jo said...

Nice looking ORANGE blocks.

Peg said...

Pretty orange! Love the way you can coordinate your scraps!

belarmina said...

Color naranja !!!
me gusta,
ese sampler sera muy agradable.
Yo no debería comprar telas en mucho tiempo
pero ¿quien se resiste?
saludos