Saturday, September 20, 2014

Pinwheels

Happily, it is not all work and no play around here! You know that when you have been away from quilting and blogging on a regular basis that it can be very difficult to get back into the swing of things. So, I have been putzing around working on this and that and also making these little pinwheels for a future quilt.

I had started piecing some of the hsts way back in May or June and then just set them aside. My sister Cheryl had cut all of the neutral 2.5" background hsts for me quite some time ago  - yaaay Cheryl. For the pinwheels I am using hsts that were precut and in my scrap bins. As long as I have sets of 4 of the same fabric they are all game for this quilt. Originally, I intended them to be a leader/ender project and I am not in a hurry to get them done but it is something to work on while I organize my sewing studio as well as my thoughts.

I really need to make a new list of projects and plans and ideas. Taking a step away really does give a new perspective on current and not-so-current quilts and has allowed me to look at some things with fresh eyes.

4 comments:

scraphappy said...

Having a project to putter along with is always a nice idea. Best of luck with the organizing.

Alison said...

These are cute!

audrey said...

It really is difficult to find the rhythm again, but I can see you're well on your way!

Jo said...

A nice easy project to potter with. Good way of using scraps