Sunday, August 3, 2014

Slow Sunday Stitching

I haven't shown my current Seven Sisters quilt for quite some time. Maybe that is because I had not been making any real progress. You do know that the secret to finish hand quilting a quilt is to actually work on it!! ;))


closer look at the Baptist Fan quilting

Over the past week or two or three I have been doing just that...I have been working on it nearly every day. Sometimes I only get a couple arcs of one fan done but other times I may get a few full fans completed. Those are definitely the best days!

I am happy to report that now that I am more than half way done that I have put in at least a bazillion stitches and now I have less than half a bazillion to go!

This series of seven Seven Sisters quilts that I am making for me and my six sisters really is a labour of love. I don't really expect to speed through them and have them all done likkety-split but I do seem to be spending way too much time thinking about them than working on them!!!

stitching on the back
Pop on over to Kathy's Quilts and check out the links to see other Slow Sunday Stitching projects.

14 comments:

Mary said...

This is a beautiful project and I know you must enjoy working on it.

Jo said...

So what number is this one. I can't believe you are doing the same pattern 7 times. Well done

Grit said...

I love your work. Beautiful pattern and I love the colors too.

Deb A said...

I was wondering how this one was coming along! Love the blue one. Have you planned the next color to start hand piecing?

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Yes making the habit of quilting everyday really does help, even it is a few stitches. The quilt is serving it's purpose if it making you think about your sisters. Just think when they receive them they will think of you every time they see or use your great quilt.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

This one is looking so beautiful! You know when I get mine I will be rubbing like Aladdin's Lamp. I wake up and always fondle my Magic Spinners quilt you gave me. Truly appreciate your work and artistry. Love sis

Lisa J. said...

Yeah! Less than 1/2 a bazillion stitches to go. Your work is looking lovely.

Prima Donna said...

I had wondered when one of your Seven Sisters would appear again. I am just fascinated that you are making so many.This one is my favorite so far...until the next one.

Quilter Kathy said...

Yippee... the sisters are out! So happy to see this quilt is getting a few more gazillion stitches! Enjoy!

CathieJ said...

Beautiful quilting. I hope you show us all of the quilts in one post in the future.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Lovely quilt and quilting :) I too go in spurts on projects and Labor of Love indeed! You have a VERY lucky family! :)

Chantal said...

I love your Seven Sisters quilt. The colour and fabric you've picked are just perfect to me. Care to adopt another sister? LOL. Wonderful work Ellen. Enjoy!

Sheila said...

I was wondering how your seven sisters quilt was coming along. Beautifully, I see : )

The Cozy Quilter said...

I saw an antique seven sisters quilt at a museum once! Yours is lovely! Keep stitching!