Thursday, August 7, 2014

Making it Happen


This morning I made the binding and attached it to the front of the three latest quilts that have just come off the long arm - 2 Guild cuddle quilts and the quilt for Carol. This takes me one step closer to three finished quilts -yippee! I hope to get the binding hand stitched to the back on all of these quilts over the next week or so and I am starting with Carol's quilt.

Photo of the final 11 blocks
Now that I have got all of the machine work done for those three quilts it is time to pick another quilt to get to the finish line. I have decided that I will continue where I left off with my Little Houses quilt. It has been ages since I have worked on it. Look at the date in the photo - yikes. This is one that will be very scrap happy when it is finished. I put it away at the stage where I needed to add the sashing. I decided that I would use a solid red and I have already got it cut into strips but it still needs to be sub cut to fit the blocks. I am going to use cornerstones so I also need to cut those as well. Once I do that I will have everything ready to go. I really like it when I have everything prepared ahead of time and then I can just get lost in 'the zone'.

My goal is to get my sewing studio under control and getting quilts done and I am making it happen!

5 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I agree having everything ready does help you to get in the zone. You are really going to town on those ufo's.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wow....you are busy. Love the little houses.

Chantal said...

You are on a roll girl!! Wow! What kind of cereal you eat in the morning! ♪♫She's making it happen ♫♫ Whoohoo!

Jo said...

Wow. 3 near finishes and another well on the way.
I might get my scrappy houses out today

Deb A said...

You are on a roll! Red sashings are going to look great. Enjoy sewing it all together.