Saturday, August 2, 2014

It is Coming Together

I finished putting the flimsy together for Carol's cuddle quilt. I honestly couldn't be happier with the way it has come together. The only thing that would make it better would be to quilt it and I definitely 'think' I have that under control.

I made the backing yesterday and I loaded it on the frame this morning. I have been trying to overcome tension issues with each quilt that I put on the frame and sometimes I am successful and other times - not so much! I am happier with the quality of the stitching although I still need to work on it. Before I loaded this quilt I made a small fabric and batting sandwich and put it on the frame and used two different colours of thread in the bobbin and the top. When I did a bit of practice stitching it really did show how out of whack my settings were.

I am moving right along and am nearing the half way point with the quilting. I would love to have it done today so that it is ready and waiting for me when I have the time available to work on the binding over the next few days.

9 comments:

Chantal said...

Way to go Ellen. Great progress even with speed bumps.

Quilter Kathy said...

Awesome... and what a pretty backing!

Terry said...

It's beautiful! :0)

Jo said...

You are getting a move on with it. Good on you. Looks great.

Michelle said...

Love it Ellen........
Love the movement in the pattern.

Prima Donna said...

This is beautiful and Carol is going to love it!

Frances said...

Excellent progress, it has been fun watching this all come together.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Beautiful choice for the darker blue fabric for Triangle in Square. It really just makes this whole quilt pop. What a pretty pattern. I also love the backing you chose for this one. Pretty, pretty! Love sis

Sheila said...

Beautiful cuddle quilt. Love the soothing colors.