Friday, August 8, 2014

Home Is Where The Heart Is...

sashing added
and my heart is definitely in these houses. I am loving how this is coming together!! I started making these houses so long ago and then I set them aside because I couldn't decide which fabric to use for my cornerstones. Indecision can be my enemy but I think I have nailed it with the fabric I chose - a darker blue with tiny white dots - but of course, that is just my humble opinion. ;))

When I pulled out the basket of houses to work on them I literally had to blow the dust off the top layer of blocks. These blocks will gather dust no more....I am zooming through adding the sashing! Apparently I made 120 or so of these blocks and they finish at 6". They are made from all sorts of scraps and I think they are so funky and fun looking. I can't wait to turn them all into a quilt for me.

15 comments:

Cathy said...

Those houses are fabulous, and I like your cornerstone choice. Six inches must have meant an awful lot of teeny tiny pieces. It's going to be great when it is finished.

belarmina said...

¡¡¡Me gusta!!!
las telas con topitos (puntitos)
son mi debilidad todas me gustan
así que tus topitos azueles son un total acierto en mi opinion
las casa con todas las telas de restos una idea genial
preciosa colcha!!!
buen fin de semana

Manuela said...

I love your houses.

Have a nice weekend, Manuela

scraphappy said...

It is so funny to see where people get stuck in the quilting process. Always borders for me. The cornerstones you chose are just right. Such a fun and happy quilt just for you!

Terri said...

Love your houses. They are very popular now, and I think the blog for QuiltMaker Magazine has that very pattern (or close) for free, a couple of days ago. I downloaded, as a matter of fact. Your version is soooo much more colorful. Love the cornerstones. Glad I'm a follower - hope to see this one again.
Hugs

Terri said...

I just looked closer at your little houses and I'm impressed that you don't have the problem with the chimney that the QuiltMaker pattern has. Theirs has the right chimney popping over the edge of the roof by a bit. Not attractive.
(It just occurred to me that you might be offended by my comments. Please don't be. It's just the similarity is fresh in my mind.)
Hugs

Deb A said...

Those look great with the red sashing and you can't go wrong with blue and white dots! What a fun quilt you will have when you are done.

Grit said...

Wonderful. Your houses are really fantastic.

canuckquilter said...

Your humble opinion is absolutely correct :) That sashing and that cornerstone fabric make those blocks pop. What a wonderful quilt!

Jo said...

You are doing a great job. It's going to be a very big quilt. I got mine done but it is only 48" * 72"

Gina said...

I love the houses. That's a block I've got on my to do list. It's the first time I've seen them totally scrappy xx

Quilter Kathy said...

Looks great...and you are having fun building your neighbourhood!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

What fun little houses.

Linda said...

A scrappy delight! Love it so much and I love your choice for the cornerstones. I know, it is hard to decide sometimes but we sure know when it is right, don't we!

Sheila said...

These are adorable. I love, love, LOVE house blocks and quilts.