Thursday, July 31, 2014

Speed Bumps *#@$


Yesterday, after I posted I went back into my sewing studio to continue working on the cuddle quilt and when I looked at my design wall I noticed a problem...grrrr! Look closely at the photo and you can see that some of the center 4 patches have pink in the upper left position and some have white.

This block has 5 pink and white 4-patches and the 4 patch in the center should be oriented in the same position. I guess I just turned the blocks around willy nilly so that I could nest the seams. I didn't even think about the orientation. As you can see in the photo, I had joined quite a few blocks together. I probably could have taken a short cut and just let it be but I didn't like that the diagonal chains would be all messed up. So...out came the seam ripper. By the time I finished with it yesterday, I had sewn together quite a bit of the top. I just need to finish up the last three sections. Wouldn't you know it....I ran out of pink and white 4-patches.

I haven't spent any time in my sewing studio today because I just got back from visiting with my sister Glenda. She lives just over 80 km away and it takes me about 1.5 hours to drive each way. While I was there she and I picked some plums from her very pregnant trees. I wanted to take photos but I forgot to take my camera with me.

Look at all of the plums I got - they are gorgeous - fresh and organic.

3 comments:

scraphappy said...

What a bother! Unsewing is no fun at all, but at least it will turn out right in the end. Nobody will ever know about the bumps along the way. Beautiful plums! Planning to do some canning?

Quilter Kathy said...

So good that you noticed before you started quilting!
Are you going to make jam with all those plums?!?

Jo said...

What a frustrating job to do. Better now than later though.
Enjoy your fruit