Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sad News

My sister Glenda lost her husband yesterday....Herb had a stroke last week and even though it was a very serious event it seemed that he would be able to survive it although he would never fully recover.

Herb had a good and full life and he had participated in many activities from bow hunting, to fishing, to flying airplanes. He loved his vegetable garden and he especially loved his dog Pepper. He and my sister were together more than 30 years. They raised three beautiful children together and they grew into wonderful, responsible and caring adults. My sister and their children Amanda, Norman and Kim are all heartbroken and we are heartbroken for them.

12 comments:

Prairie Patch Quilts said...

Love, Hugs and Prayers for your sister and all the family that will be saddened by this loss. May you find some Peace. So sorry.

LuAnn said...

So sorry for your loss. Sending prayers your way.

Jo said...

So sorry to hear this news. It is a very hard time for all of the family. Everyone's thoughts will help you.xoxo

Grit said...

So sorry for your lost.
I send you a Big hug.
Grit

canuckquilter said...

I'm so so sorry for your loss.

Sheila said...

I am so sorry of you loss, Ellen. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Such sad news! So hard to lose a loved one!

Prima Donna said...

May the love of those around your sister and her family help her through the days ahead. So, sad and unexpected.

Cathy said...

Sad news, indeed. My condolences to you and your family.

Gina said...

I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with your family xxx

Aunt 'Reen said...

I am so very sorry to hear of your family loss! Wishing you great comfort during this very difficult time. Prayers to you and your family!

belarmina said...

Unos días sin Internet y.
Veo la triste noticia ahora.
En momentos tan tristes mis abrazos a tu hermana y sobrinos, y para la familia
saludos