Friday, July 4, 2014

Round Robin


It has taken me so many tries to figure out what I needed to do for my round on this quilt but I have finally figured out something that I like. I must have at least 3 different borders partially made but they just weren't doing anything for me and the quilt wasn't too happy with them either! I was starting to feel a bit panicked that I wasn't going to come up with a design I like but happily I did. I first added a narrow 1" light border and then a 1.5" darker striped border. For the final border of my round I used a variety of blue, brown and red squares with the same neutral background that I used for the narrow inner border. The quilt top is now 45" square.

This is what the quilt top looked like when I received it from Cheryl after she did her handiwork on her latest round. I will be delivering this top to my sister today so I hope she has mine all ready to swap but somehow I doubt it. I think if I deliver this to her it will put a fire under her %@#$ and she will get mine done likkety-split.

12 comments:

canuckquilter said...

I'm sorry you had to start so many borders before hitting on the right one, but this one definitely works!

Angie said...

Your borders really add some pop - don't you love it when things come together just right?!

Deb A said...

Glad you worked until you found something you and the quilt agreed upon. It complements the other rounds perfectly.

Frances said...

I love seeing progress on a round robin. Your efforts look lovely.

Chantal said...

You've hit it right on the nail with this border. It adds a bling-bling quality to it. Perfect combo the striped border and the squares. Bravo.

audrey said...

Haha! Your quilt is looking wonderful! Medallion quilts come with their own little frustrations don't they? I love what you've done with this one so far!

Grit said...

Looks fantastic. Wonderful progress on Round Robin.

Jo said...

Oh well done. It does look great

Manuela said...

Your Round Robin looks great.

Greetings, Manuela

scraphappy said...

Wonderful effect. I think you found just the right solution. Doing the math to make it all work out must be tricky, but the finished effect is beautiful.

Peg said...

Perfect borders on that round robin, what a great project!

Gina said...

Love what you've done with the quilt. Really sets the centre off xxx