Joyfully sharing my quilting journey and other bits and pieces that make up daily life.
Friday, July 4, 2014
It has taken me so many tries to figure out what I needed to do for my round on this quilt but I have finally figured out something that I like. I must have at least 3 different borders partially made but they just weren't doing anything for me and the quilt wasn't too happy with them either! I was starting to feel a bit panicked that I wasn't going to come up with a design I like but happily I did. I first added a narrow 1" light border and then a 1.5" darker striped border. For the final border of my round I used a variety of blue, brown and red squares with the same neutral background that I used for the narrow inner border. The quilt top is now 45" square.
This is what the quilt top looked like when I received it from Cheryl after she did her handiwork on her latest round. I will be delivering this top to my sister today so I hope she has mine all ready to swap but somehow I doubt it. I think if I deliver this to her it will put a fire under her %@#$ and she will get mine done likkety-split.