Saturday, July 5, 2014

Red Day

I was such a lazy dazy today and I didn't get out of bed until just after 9 am. That is really out of character for me because I am usually a very early riser. I was dreaming that I had slept for more than 12 hours and when I got up I quickly checked the clock. I didn't really sleep for 12 hours but pretty close....just about 10.5 hours!!! Wow...that is unbelievable...I had two nights sleep in one!

After a relaxing, slow start to my day I had the luxury of heading into my sewing studio and I decided to work on some of the latest Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sampler blocks. I made all three, Nonsense, Starz and Stripes.

I guess I decided to sew on the wild side because I did choose a somewhat flamboyant fabric for the background of Nonsense and I chose an animal print for the Starz block. I am really happy with my blocks and I just love that the sampler has included a string block - what could be better!

Pop on over to socrappy's and check out the links. You will see some great ideas to use up your scraps!

12 comments:

Nell's Quilts said...

What a great start to your day! Sometimes it just feels good to do something completely out of character. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Great sampler blocks.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I rarely sleep in any more. If I get eight hours I feel so good. The only time I dream is when I sleep in, funny how the brain works. Great start on your red blocks.

soscrappy said...

Sleeping in sounds like a great way to start the weekend. Beautiful wild side fabrics in your blocks.

Deb A said...

I got to sleep in until 8! It was a good day to sleep in. Glad you got to relax and sew today. Enjoy the rest of your Saturday.

Sheila said...

Good start with the rainbow challenge. Sleeping late on a Saturday morning is a good way to start the weekend : )

Lisa said...

I slept in today, and now I should be in the studio but I'm enjoying looking at everyone's red blocks instead. These look great.

Jamie in Louisiana said...

The animal print is the perfect compliment! And ... Sleep is such a waste of sewing time. I nap to get bursts of energy to sew more.

Gina said...

great blocks. Wish I could sleep in. I'm up by 6am every day.You must have needed the sleep xx

Sarah said...

You must have needed to catch up on sleep! Great blocks. Love the animal print!

Terri said...

Love your reds so far... especially the loose one on the end. Sort of a rail fence... gone wonky.
Hugs

katie z. said...

Love the snazzy fabrics.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I am with Katie, your red blocks really do look snazzy! Love sis