Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Almost There!

Upper section has the extra pieces added to the outer edges.
I have been working on a cuddle quilt for the wife of my husband's cousin. Unfortunately, she is battling cancer and I thought that it just might make her feel a bit better to receive a quilt. I had asked her what colours she would like and she said pink and blue. I think I chose a a cute block pattern and I really like where it is going.

As I was making the blocks and setting them on the design wall I decided that I needed to add a little extra row to finish them off. I think it does make a difference and I think I like it much better this way.

Of course, that meant that I needed to cut and make a whole slew of extra 4 patches and 'triangle in a square' pieces. But I think it was definitely worth the effort! I have all of the blocks made except I still need to add the extra section to the rest of the outer edges and that won't take too long. I hope to have this top finished and ready for quilting over the next couple days.

7 comments:

Jo said...

This is coming together well

canuckquilter said...

The extra row all around to finish the points really does make a difference. I'm sure this quilt will be a comfort.

belarmina said...

que bonito edredón!!!!
saludos

laurajane said...

Looking good,love the colours.x

Deb A said...

That extra row sure does make the quilt! I just tried a new quilting pattern - FM circles from a Kim Diehl book. They were so fun and forgiving. Might be a new one to try out sometime. I'll blog about it tomorrow with my finished quilt. Binding tonight!

Cathy said...

Neat pattern and beautiful quilt. Wishing your husband's cousin's wife well.

Missed you these past weeks. Nice to see what you were up to.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

You are putting this together so quickly! Looks great and what a wonderful gift to someone who needs some comfort!