Saturday, June 7, 2014

Yellow Sampler Blocks


Look at that! I managed to make two yellow sampler blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. These blocks are called Lover's Knot and Framed Four Patch. After I took my photo of the blocks on the design wall I thought the second block looked a bit funky. I checked out Angela's sampler block again to see what was going on and I realized that I had sewn the two halves together incorrectly....oh well. It only took a moment with my seam ripper and sewing machine to set things to right. It looks much better now.
That looks much better!
Pop on over to soscrappy's blog and check out the other links to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge - you will find plenty of inspiration to use up your scraps!

10 comments:

  1. Me gustan !!!
    vamos tan rápido que algunas veces ocurre,
    cambiamos el paso al unir las mitades
    me gustan amarillos,
    En España esta temporada no llegan amarillos a las tiendas
    afortunadamente tengo alguna reserva
    buen domingo
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the mistake version of the block! Both came out great - love the dot print.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That "oops" block looks very interesting. Maybe I'll reproduce that someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet yellow blocks. Your first version isn't wrong -- just different. Call it a design decision!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blocks. I must admit though that I like the wrong block better than when it's right xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely rich yellows! Right or wrong? That's how new designs are created. Never a mistake just an opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both of the blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them even though I can't always respond.

Life is too short to spend all of our free time on the computer....I need to quilt and so do you!! :)