Sunday, June 8, 2014

Tada.....Another Finish!

Sideways photo!
I did finish this quilt several days ago but I just didn't have enough space to lay it out on the floor for a photo. I had to wait until my husband and my son were both available to hold it up for a picture. I am very happy with the way it turned out.

When I first started making this quilt I took some neutral and green 2" squares out of my scrap bins and just started to sew them together. I didn't really have a design in mind at first but once I got quite a few 4 patches made I came up with the design. Four patches are like nine patches....so simple but so effective and they can become such beautiful quilts!

This quilt is fairly large at approx 84" x 94" and I quilted it using a pantograph and a neutral thread. All of the fabric I used for this quilt came from my stash and that makes me happy. I didn't have quite enough fabric for the backing so I added a couple plain green patches to the back. When I took the quilt off the frame I was able to trim some nice strips from the backing for the binding but I didn't have quite enough so I used some of the plain green fabric to finish it.

I have decided to call this quilt 'Humble Beginnings' and I think the name is perfect. It started out from bits and pieces from my scrap bins but it turned into a beautiful quilt. I think my nephew Daniel is going to really like it!



11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a beautiful finish. Amazing what little scraps can do when they gather together. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and it's a beauty. I've been enjoying while being quite envious of all your finishes of late. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fantastic! He will love it!
    Perfectly named!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a perfect "guy" quilt. What size are the four-patches? I really like the layout and the checkered border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely quilt, Ellen-- you are on a roll!! Great colors....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great finish. You are on a great streak of completed quilts these days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful finish! It's beautiful. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Daniel cuando se arrope con su preciosa manta,
    seguro tendrĂ¡ una sonrisa para su tia
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a lovely finish. I'm sure your nephew will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrationlations to this beautiful finish! I love the fresh colors of this quilt und naturally the border.
    Hugs
    Roswitha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Humble Beginnings is a fantastic finish! I may have to copy this one for a great use of scraps.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them even though I can't always respond.

Life is too short to spend all of our free time on the computer....I need to quilt and so do you!! :)