Sunday, June 1, 2014

Slow Sunday Stitching

Continuing with my theme of moving quilts along and getting them finished I have started the binding on another quilt. I just finished up my niece Amanda's quilt yesterday so today I am working on my nephew Daniel's quilt. I actually started stitching the binding down last night and I have almost got one side finished. Mmmm...mmmm.mm - I love that backing fabric! I am using every bit of scrap that I had left for the binding but I still didn't have quite enough so I added some solid green as well.

This is another large quilt so it will probably take me a couple days to finish stitching the binding and doing all of the things required to make it look neat and tidy.

I am looking forward to completing another quilt and moving it out of my sewing room and into the hands of the recipient- it does feel good!

I am linking up with other Slow Sunday stitchers over at Kathy's Quilts.

8 comments:

  1. Oh I hope to see a pic of the whole quilt, I love the saturated colors you used. I love stitching down binding, a great time to reflect about all the work you put into the quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have really been on a roll lately. Stitching down the binding is one of my favorite parts of quilt making. I think it's because I know it is almost a real quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for all the finishing! I love that feeling of scratching another off the list.:) Nice to use up the scraps on the binding too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just rocking on the finishes! Enjoy the slow stitching. I hope to quilt something tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that backing fabric. It's like mini fireworks lighting up the night sky..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your stitching today :)
    Thanks for linking up Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are making such wonderful progress finishing up these quilts!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does feel so good to finish a quilt off. Congratulations! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them even though I can't always respond.

Life is too short to spend all of our free time on the computer....I need to quilt and so do you!! :)