Thursday, June 12, 2014

Scrappy Patches is Finished!


Okay...I did it! Nick's quilt was done just in the 'nick' of time....hee hee! I finished the binding last night and this morning I tucked in the thread tails and there were a lot of them because my thread kept breaking when I was quilting this one. I struggled a bit for a name for this quilt but suddenly the name 'Scrappy Patches' popped into my head and I was happy!

Nick's quilt finished at 83" x 95" and was quilted with brown thread using a Starburst panto. I used the same fabric for the backing and the binding.

This design only used a ton of 2" x 3.5" unfinished rectangles :). I love the old-fashioned look of this quilt and I hope that Nick will too. This is another quilt that I only used scraps from my bins as well as stash fabric and that feels pretty darn good too!


13 comments:

Jo said...

Your quilt looks great. A good design for rectangles. And just using your stash, well done. Nice size too.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

This is such an old fashion looking quilt and one that I would like to do too, hopefully to reduce my scrap bins. Great job and love the dark border on this one. Love sis

Linda said...

Awesome finish Ellen!

wheelinsticks said...

Great finish. It is sure pretty. Hope he enjoys it.

Quiltbenaco said...

Bello questo scrappy!!!!

Deb A said...

Wow - love the pattern you selected for this. Great job using up the stash - feels like a 'free' quilt doesn't it! Bet he'll love it.

audrey said...

This is such a great scrappy quilt! Love that you made it from your 'scraps'. Yay for you!

Quilter Kathy said...

I know Nick will absolutely love it!
And if not, I DO love it... just keep that in mind! LOL

Grit said...

This is a wonderful finish. I love your scrappy quilt.

Chantal said...

OH I love Scrappy Patches. That one is right my alley. Congrats on a wonderful finish.

Aunt 'Reen said...

LOVE this scrappy quilt Ellen!
It's so wonderful to see how many beautiful quilts you've been finishing. Congratulations!

Anne Simonot said...

I have made 2 quilts from this pattern and they were both a hit! Yours makes me want to start another one! Lovely and I really like the colours.

Bente Antonsen said...

Thank you so much for a very inspirering blogg and a beautiful quilt. I have made my own quilt now and it has really reduced my scraps.