Joyfully sharing my quilting journey and other bits and pieces that make up daily life.
Thursday, June 12, 2014
Scrappy Patches is Finished!
Okay...I did it! Nick's quilt was done just in the 'nick' of time....hee hee! I finished the binding last night and this morning I tucked in the thread tails and there were a lot of them because my thread kept breaking when I was quilting this one. I struggled a bit for a name for this quilt but suddenly the name 'Scrappy Patches' popped into my head and I was happy!
Nick's quilt finished at 83" x 95" and was quilted with brown thread using a Starburst panto. I used the same fabric for the backing and the binding.
This design only used a ton of 2" x 3.5" unfinished rectangles :). I love the old-fashioned look of this quilt and I hope that Nick will too. This is another quilt that I only used scraps from my bins as well as stash fabric and that feels pretty darn good too!