Saturday, June 14, 2014

RSC - Yellow Blocks


Over the past couple months I have missed quite a few of the blocks that Angela had posted for the Rainbow Scrap Sampler but this month I am really making an effort to stay current. Last night I spent some time working on the latest blocks posted. I made Alamo Star and Economy Block and I was going to start working on Wacky Pinwheel but when I refreshed the page I was working from on Angela's site I saw that she had posted another block. So I worked on the latest one instead - Bright Hopes. It was a bit refreshing to work on this one because I vary rarely dig out my bin of scrappy 2.5" x 4.5" rectangles. It is just not a size that I use very often. This block did have a little twist to it in that it required a partial seam but it really was not very difficult to execute.

All of the yellow blocks that I have made so far.
This morning I made Wacky Pinwheel and I thought I was all caught up until I noticed there was another block mentioned in her post. I checked out the link to the sampler blocks and saw that I still needed to make the Mock LeMoyne Star. I can now check that one as done too!

Pop on over to soscrappy's site to check out all of the links.

14 comments:

scraphappy said...

What a fabulous job of getting caught up! I keep sneaking blocks in there, but you are so speedy. Great variety of scraps. Great work.

Nell's Quilts said...

Your blocks look great! Such nice choice in your scraps. And congratulations for getting up early to finish up the last few.

Jo said...

Well done. I have only done 1 this month so far.

Deb A said...

Wow! Great job keeping up with the yellows this month. I had plans to catch up today....but it is a kid with me day again with lots of phone calls of updates on my MIL. She is to have her gall bladder out either today or Monday - depending on when they can find a surgeon. Hubby is with her and caring for her dog and updating all her friends and family.

Deb A said...

Wow! Great job keeping up with the yellows this month. I had plans to catch up today....but it is a kid with me day again with lots of phone calls of updates on my MIL. She is to have her gall bladder out either today or Monday - depending on when they can find a surgeon. Hubby is with her and caring for her dog and updating all her friends and family.

Marly said...

Beautiful blocks. I'm also trying to keep up this month, and so far succeeding reasonably well.

katie z. said...

What happy blocks!

Terri said...

Love your yellows - you have lots with contrast!
Hugs

Andee said...

Your blocks look great, you are way ahead of me this month! :)

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I'm hoping to follow your lead and get caught up with yellow too... your blocks look fantastic! Great fabric choices.

belarmina said...

Me gustan todos los bloques!!!
genial en amarillos
buen domingo

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Lovely little yellow blocks! They will all add up to a beautiful quilt!
Love sis

Cathy Tomm said...

Wow you have a great group of yellow sampler blocks. I need to get some more sampler blocks done too. It can be hard to stay current.

Sheila said...

Great blocks! And all caught up. Good for you : )