Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Off The Frame


Celtic Solstice is off the frame and I think it is looking gooood! I still need to trim it and cut the binding strips in preparation of attaching them to the front by machine and then I will be ready to start hand stitching the binding to the back. I won't be doing that today though because I am still working on getting the binding onto my nephew Nick's quilt. I need to have Nick's quilt finished for Thursday and I have only sewn on the binding half way so I will have to put in some intensive binding time this evening.

close up
When I posted about loading this quilt on the frame I mentioned that I had purchased some bobbins so that I would not have to stop and reload my empties. Well things didn't go quite as planned! I had picked out the panto that I was going to use and I loaded six bobbins thinking it would be enough because this quilt is not extremely large. The problem arose after I loaded the quilt onto the frame and had everything ready because at the last minute I changed my mind on the panto. I replaced it with one that is more detailed and I ended up needing two more bobbins. I don't mind too much though because I really like the quilting design on this quilt!

back -you can almost see the quilting texture

9 comments:

Jo said...

It looks great.
My girlfriend and I want to do this quilt. Maybe one day it will get started

Terri said...

Love the quilt - the quilting seems to compliment it just right. A few hurdles, but in the long run, a masterpiece!
Hugs

NachtPedalQuilts said...

Wow, Ellen, the quilt will look great, when it's done ... A very happy-looking, colorful work ... I'm astonished and ful of admiration ... Best regards Kirsten

Quilter Kathy said...

Congrats on finishing the quilting! Now the relaxing part...ahhh love binding!

Manuela said...

The quilt looks great.
Your quilting is perfect.

Greetings, Manuela

Prima Donna said...

Wow, wow, wow! How many quilt finishes will this make? They are all beautiful, too!

Cheryl said...

I can only say.....love..love..love! The colours are so beautiful together and the pattern is delicious! sis

LuAnn said...

I love the scrappy look of your quilt!!!

audrey said...

Isn't it amazing how the stitching can change things? Love how this looks. Just wonderful.:)