Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Cuddle Quilt


When I started working on this latest quilt top I was undecided about whether to use white or blue as the center triangle for the triangle in a square block. I did decide to go with the blue and I am very happy with that decision. The block that I am using for this cuddle quilt is called Garden Patch. It consists of five 4 patches and 4 triangle in a square units. It is not a very difficult block to make and I really like the way it is coming together.

As I was making the first few blocks I was wondering if I should change the center 4 patch into a single square. I cut a few pink squares and laid them over the blocks I had already made and although I think it would work I decided to stick with the center 4 patch. I think it gives the block a more open and lacy look while the solid square sort of blocked it up.

Once I got through that design decision it was full speed ahead. I have several blocks already completed and I have more in different stages of completion...whooohooo!

Today feels like a really good day to spend some time in the studio making quilts!

10 comments:

scraphappy said...

Wow, that was quick. I almost didn't recognize the pattern with the dark blue background to the star points. It really does give the quilt a different look. Those dark blues become a great focal point.

Deb A said...

You are just going to town in the sewing room lately! very sweet little cuddle quilt you are making. Some little one will love it.

Terri said...

Good choice - the darker blue. It shows off that secondary design really well.
Nice quilt!
Hugs

belarmina said...

que guapo!!!
no podía imaginar este bloque
cuando vi los preparativos
en tu entrada anterior
¡¡me gusta!!!
saludos

Manuela said...

A wonderful new project.

Greetings, Manuela

audrey said...

That looks fabulous together! Love the secondary pattern that shows up!

Grit said...

Looks fantastic. Love the colors ;-)
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. Yes we use the same colors ;-)
Grit from Germany

Quilter Kathy said...

That was cool to see both options for the center block. What a pretty quilt!

Michelle said...

Looks great !!
You are flying through those blocks......

Chantal said...

Agree with your decision. It will be an adorable little quilt.