Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Celtic Solstice is Finished!


I finished sewing on the last bit of binding this morning and I am very happy! This quilt turned out really great. It was the latest Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt and it was a lot of fun to participate in. Bonnie has so many great patterns and this one is no exception. I really love the colour scheme and I really like the overall design but I sure wish it was a rectangle instead of a square. I know that once the mystery was revealed I could have made more blocks but, honestly, I am a quilter that really likes doing the cutting and prepping all at once and it is really hard for me to go back to make more block pieces. Unfortunately, the pattern is no longer available for free from Bonnie Hunter's website but it will eventually make an appearance in one of her books.

This quilt finished at approx 75" x 75" and is quilted with a dark blue thread. I quilted it with a fairly dense panto design and and it really does have great texture and I like it! I love the backing fabric and I used some of the leftovers to make the binding.

This quilt will find a home right here in my son Eric's bedroom. He has a green futon in his room and I think they are perfect for each other. Hurray...a quilt I made is staying home....for now!


15 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Congratulations on a big finish! I am sure your son will enjoy it!

Cathy said...

Wow...you are on a roll with another awesome finish. Good for you. You must have such a sense of accomplishment.

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations Ellen! A great quilt!

Chantal said...

Congrats on a wonderful finish. I love your colour choices. It is summer-y awesome!

belarmina said...

Es realmente preciosa!!!
me gusta todo, los colores el diseƱo
felicidades

Cathy said...

It looks so good!! Great job!

Jo said...

Wow
It looks great. The colours do look fantastic

Grit said...

Congratulations, your Celtic Solistic looks fantastic.

Frances said...

Your CS looks great, it will be so cosy on your bed at home.

Manuela said...

Congratulation.
The Quilt looks fantastic.

Greetings, Manuela

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

congratulations on a beautiful finish! :)

Scrapatches said...

Congratulations on finishing this beauty! Just in time for the summer solstice, too!

My Celtic Solstice is still in pieces. Maybe I will complete it for the winter solstice? Every time I see one of these beautiful quilts complete, I want to drop everything and just work on that. I just have too many other commitments so I will enjoy looking at yours for now.

Thanks for the beautiful eye candy ... :) Pat

Sheila said...

Your quilt is beautiful! Congratulations on a wonderful finish, dear.

blauraute said...

Congratulations on the gorgeous finish. The fabrcs and the quilting is so beautiful. I think Eric will enjoy this quilt very much.
Have a nice week and take care
Roswitha

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Just love, love, love this one. Beautiful colours and patterns. Congratulations on your finish! Definitely one of my favorites. The backing is perfect too. Love sis