Sunday, June 15, 2014

A New Quilt - Oops!

Looky, looky...I am starting a new quilt! I didn't really intend to but you know...things happen.

I took some of my fabric to my sister Cheryl's place and she cut it for me using her Studio fabric cutter. She cut a bunch of 2" pink and 2" white strips and she also cut some triangle in a square pieces with the wing triangles in a sweet blue print.

I originally designed this quilt with a white center triangle but I wasn't convinced that it would provide enough excitement to the quilt. Cheryl had the perfect darker blue fabric and it looked really good with the lighter blue that I had already shopped from her stash ;). Because I was not sure if I wanted to use white or the darker blue as the center triangle I had her cut some of both! I am leaning toward using the darker blue but which ever one doesn't get used will go into my scrap bins and will be used in a future quilt.

I have started sewing the pink and white strips together and have already turned some of them into four patches and I think they are going to look really sweet - I love the pink fabric. It is always so exciting to start a new quilt and I am looking forward to seeing how this one turns out!

6 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Love starting a new project!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love starting a new project!

scraphappy said...

A new project is always so much fun! So nice that you get to use your sister's Studio cutter. So nice to have a sister who sews. Enjoy working on your new quilt.

Julierose said...

I keep telling myself that I won't start any new ones until all my oldies--but goodies--are done! Well, I was taken by a Stained Glass top online and did do a bit of cutting--it is hard not to begin new things...hugs, Julierose

laurajane said...

Looking good so far,love the colours.x

belarmina said...

ya tengo unas ganas inmensas deber
la nueva cocha
saludos