Monday, May 26, 2014
Tranquility is Quilted!
After all of the problems I had with the quilting on Nick's quilt I needed some Tranquility! Cheryl and I loaded the quilt on the frame on Saturday morning and started to quilt it. I had changed the thread to a dark blue for this quilt and almost immediately my thread started breaking again. You should have heard us and seen the looks on our faces!! I had thought that the thread breakage problem was due to a defect in the thread I had been using because I tried everything I could think of to fix the problem. Obviously, I was wrong unless the thread problem was contagious!!
So, when all else fails, dig out the manual. Sure wish I had done that sooner....
After looking at the manual and my machine I thought I could potentially have a burr or nick on the needle plate so I removed it and had my husband polish it. While he was doing that I read a little further in the manual and realized that I could have a burr or scratches on the hook. Guess what....that was what my problem was. So I took a bit of very fine sand paper and followed the instructions in the manual and it worked perfectly!
Quilting Tranquility became tranquil and all was well in my studio. I got it almost all done by the time my sister had to go home. She really wanted to stay and see it finished but I was so tired that I just could not quilt any more.
I finished the quilting Sunday morning and I am thrilled with the way it looks. I wish I could take photos that really show how wonderful it is.