Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Progress


donation quilts for Rose of Sharon
Tonight I will be attending the last meeting of the season for the Region of York Quilters Guild. Man-o- man the time has just flown by! I have the two donation quilts bound and ready for delivery to the Outreach committee and I will be taking a salad for the potluck. I have my cheque ready to pay for next year's membership and I have the book I borrowed all ready to return. I think I have it all under control - famous last words!!

Daniel, Amanda, and Nick's quilts
I spent several hours in Toronto yesterday and I took my Mom and two of my sisters to the garden center and grocery shopping. My Mom really wanted to get a yellow rose bush and happily we were able to get her two. I took the latest three quilts with me to show my Mom even though they are not finished yet - I did have them trimmed though. Of course, she said she loved them...Moms are great that way!

When I got home I made the binding for all three quilts and so far this morning I cut a bunch of solid white squares to use as labels for these quilts. While I was at it I also cut a few extra for the next quilts coming up. Today I plan to sew the binding to front of the blue quilt 'Tranquility' and I will be working on stitching it to the back over the next couple days. All three of these quilts are huge.....I don't know what I was thinking!!

4 comments:

  1. Great job! You sound very organized and ready to go.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellen

    Wow! You go girl! You are amazing. Hope you have a great time at the Guild meeting Pot Luck. Love sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. me fascina tu orden!!!!
    veo que esta todo preparado
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are thinking of the cold, cold winter and snuggling up under those gorgeous quilts! Have fun with the binding. Mom's just know the right thing to say =). I love showing my Mom the quilts when she is down in March - the ooh and awe just make my day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them even though I can't always respond.

Life is too short to spend all of our free time on the computer....I need to quilt and so do you!! :)