Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Making Borders

Celtic Solstice pieced border
I really, really need to finish off some quilts that I have in progress and I am determined to move forward and get them done and handed off to the intended recipients.
Daniel's pieced border

One of the quilts that I am trying to move along is my Celtic Solstice quilt.  I got a bit held up with it because I don't particularly care for square quilts but I think I have come to terms with it and I am going to finish it according to Bonnie Hunter's plan. I am also trying to finish the current quilt I am making for my nephew Daniel. I am at the border stage for both quilts and have finished making the pieced borders for both and I am so close to finishing. I have been really good with Daniel's quilt and have been working on it quite regularly and I am happy about that. There was a time when I used to work on only one or two quilts at a time until they were finished and I need to get back to my roots.

Today, I plan on getting both of these quilts finished to the flimsy stage...and dare I hope....to get the backings made so that I can move on to the quilting.


12 comments:

Sheila said...

I understand what you are saying. I'm making this is a year of finishing up UFOs and WIPs for me.

Terri said...

That beautiful orange and blues brought me in today. One of my favorite combos.
Good luck with your finishing up.
Hugs

canuckquilter said...

I'm also working on going back to one or two quilts at a time. Almost there! Good luck with your finishing plans. I love those blues and oranges. Yum!

Grit said...

Wonderful borders. Looking forward to see your finish.
Grit

audrey said...

Great looking border! This stage always seems to take more time than we expect it to.:)

Deb A said...

I have way too many quilts started... I really need to pick one a month to move forward and get it done. I seem to remember starting the Celtic Solstice... I wonder where I put it? =) Maybe I'll work on that in June while the kids are out of school.

Quilter Kathy said...

I know what you mean about square quilts. I don't love them either but I have finished my Celtic Solstice and just need to get the binding on it. Maybe the square size will grow on me?

Chantal said...

I don't mind square quilt. What I like the least is sewing long, looooonnng border pieces. :{ But after it is done, I always am so proud of myself so hang in there! The best is yet to come.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Just love those blue and orange triangle in a square blocks. They will make a beautiful border. I am so looking forward to seeing both of these beauties completed. I too have too many quilts on the go and I seem to be resisting the ones I really need to get done first. Anyway getting excited to see your flimsy's. Love sis

belarmina said...

que ganas tengo de ver esos edredones con sus fronteras
los imagino fantásticos
el celti, esos colores realmente me fascinan
y los cuadros para Daniel ....
me gustan
saludos

Prima Donna said...

Square quilts just don't fit anything unless it is a wall hanging. But, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and do it. Can't wait to see your flimsys.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Wow, you are making great progress on these 2 borders!
Both of these quilts are going to be really amazing!