Thursday, May 22, 2014

Fresh off the Frame

Fresh off the frame!
I am so excited....I just finished quilting my nephew Daniel's quilt. I wasn't able to get a good photo of it so this will have to do for now. I used a new-to-me pantograph and it was a bit of a challenge dealing with the larger curved areas but I did it and it is done. I think I would prefer this quilting design in a smaller scale. Tomorrow I will trim it and I will use some of the trimmings from the backing to make the binding - waste not want not!

As I was quilting it I was thinking that I was missing my partner in crime quilting and when I spoke to my sister Cheryl earlier this evening I mentioned that I was quilting and that I wished she was here. So...she has decided to come visit with me tomorrow and we will work on getting at least one more quilt quilted but I am hoping for two. :)

I am making headway on my goal to get things finished and moved on. I have been itching to continue with my Midget blocks and my Dear Jane blocks but they will have to wait a little longer.

8 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Way to go! Great idea to use the extra backing trimmings for the binding! Have fun with your quilting sister!

Prima Donna said...

I just love the colors and design of this quilt. Nice job. Enjoy your sister time.

belarmina said...

Daniel, cuando se arrope con su colcha, pensara en su querida tía !!!!
Esta muy guapa, me gusta
buen fin de semana, con tu hermana
Aquí tenemos votaciones el domingo para la Unión Europea, (la gente esta muy apática)
saludos

soscrappy said...

What a great finish. I can just see the panto peeking out of the alternate blocks and it looks great! Hope you get enough crossed off the list thus weekend that you feel inspired to get back to you long term projects. I'm hoping to do the same.

Deb A said...

Sounds like a fun day in store for the two of you. Enjoy your quilting time with your sis. Your quilt came out fabulous. Great job.

canuckquilter said...

It's lovely. I just had a "duh!" moment. It never occurred to me to use trimmings from the backing to make the binding. This makes so much sense!
Enjoy your quilting day with your sister.

Cathy said...

It looks fabulous! The quilting looks fabulous! Have a great day with your sister.

Cathy said...

Wow...you are moving right along. Good for you...go, girl! Lovely quilt.

I can kind of see the quilting. That brown fabric sure looks like swirly chocolate frosting to me!

Lucky you to have sewing sister close enough to visit.