Saturday, May 3, 2014

Daniel's Quilt


Just about a month ago I started a new quilt that I will be giving to my nephew Daniel. I am really quite happy with the way it is coming along. I finished sewing the center portion together today and I took a quick photo of it laying on my hall floor.

At this point, the center is about 68" x 76" but I will be adding a few borders and it will make it large enough for a double/queen sized bed. I have the borders all planned out and did a little mock up in EQ7 and I like what I see. Of course, my design and the finished quilt will not be exactly the same because the fabrics used in the quilt will be quite different from the ones I used from the EQ7 library.

All of the green 4 patches in this quilt use scrappy green and neutral squares that I have collected in my scrap bins. That makes it a perfect project to work on for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge because the colour for May is green. Yaaayyy....I will have something to link up with! For now, I need to continue sewing my green/neutral 4 patches for the border and then once I think I have enough then I will cut the fabric for the first two inner borders to fit.


15 comments:

Chantal said...

I like what you are doing. Ooooh! this is going to be such a beautiful quilt.

belarmina said...

Me gusta es muy bonita!!!!!
que bueno tengo un sobrino -ahijado
Daniel es un chico bueno alto muy alto y guapo
ya hice su colcha
saludos

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love that checkerboard border, have fun stitching all those greens.

scraphappy said...

So glad the color worked out well for your border this month. Great design for the quilt.

Nell's Quilts said...

I'm sure your nephew will love the quilt. Such a fun design and the border really adds to the overall design.

Prima Donna said...

It's a perfect quilt for a guy or a girl. Love the colors.

Cathy said...

Oh, now I know what to do with some four patches I have in a box! Love the quilt. I'm usually not a bordered quilt person but I think the border really adds to the quilt. You've been making a lot of relatives quilts lately. Is this for any occasion or just because?

Quilter Kathy said...

How wonderful! So nice of Angela to pick green this month for you! LOL

canuckquilter said...

Very nice! Those borders will frame everything beautifully.

Manuela said...

It looks fantastic.

Greetings, Manuela

Jo said...

This quilt is coming along great. Well done

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Daniel will surely love this quilt.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Daniel's quilt is looking awesome!
This will be a stunning quilt. I'm sure he's going to love it!

audrey said...

Looking very good! Will be lovely to see the borders you add on.:)

Deb A said...

I saw this the other day and realized the comment did not stick! Beautiful quilt - it is amazing to me how simple squares sewn together can make such a stunning quilt. You have very lucky family members to get such a talented quilt artist making quilts for them!