Saturday, April 5, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge

Wow...it has been a while since I have made any blocks for the challenge and I thought what better way to get back into the swing of things than to make some of the Sampler blocks that Angela has been posting.

These two blocks are Depression and Saw Tooth Star and I think they both turned out pretty good. I used precut triangles from my scrap stash for the Depression block and I used a 3.5" strip and 2" strips from my bins for the star block. The background fabric that I used for the star originally came from my SIL Wanda's stash and she passed away in 1998. I love it when I use bits and pieces of her fabrics in my quilts.

Pop on over to soscrappy's and check out the links for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. There is always so much inspiration to be found!

14 comments:

make.share.give said...

Very pretty. Love the dark purple with ivory.

scraphappy said...

Beautiful sampler blocks. Glad you were able to use some special fabric.

belarmina said...

preciosos bloques
y que buenos recuerdos
buen fin de semana
saludos

laurajane said...

Lovely blocks,great colours chosen.x

Rosa said...

Beautiful blocks.Love both!

Alycia said...

Great blocks!

Sheila said...

Great blocks!

Lisa said...

Your blocks look great. I love that you shared the story of the fabrics, especially that background, and it looks so good in this block.

Prima Donna said...

How nice to be able to use her fabrics. Your sampler blocks are beautiful. What size are they?

Nell's Quilts said...

Your RSC blocks are lovely. I like the intense purple colour you're using.

Manuela said...

I like your blocks.

Greetings, Manuela

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Very pretty! Love the look of these two blocks. Love sis

Angie said...

Wonderful purple blocks & especially nice that they have some "memory" fabric!

Deb A said...

Great blocks. Love the star and that depression block is really neat.