Saturday, April 26, 2014

Boy's Britches is Done!

I finished putting the last stitch into the binding just a few minutes ago and once I tucked in all of the thread ends from quilting I ran outside with it to take some photos on my clothesline. I had to turn it sideways and even then it was dragging on the ground - that is not really an indication that it is a really huge quilt though. It just means that I am really short and need my clothesline closer to the ground so that I can reach it to hang my laundry. ;)

The quilt finished at approx. 69" x 79" and I quilted it with white thread in a free hand loopy-loop design. I had agonized over how to do the border and tried several designs that just didn't sing to me. I am happy with the checkerboard but now that I see it finished I think that it could potentially have had more than one border added. Oh well...too late now but no sad face here.....I love it!

I had designed and pieced this quilt while participating in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge that is hosted by Angela of soscrappy. Pop on over and check out the latest links here.

21 comments:

Sheila said...

It turned out great! A good size, too. Congratulations on a finish : )

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Wow! What a great quilt! So many wonderful colors and I love the checkerboard border.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Ooooh love your Boys Britches! Really like the checkered border. Congratulations on your finish.
Love sis

Cathy said...

It's wonderful!! I love that checkerboard border!

katie z. said...

What a great quilt! You did a fabulous job.

Prima Donna said...

I love it, too. It's so bright and cheerful.

Chantal said...

I don't think it needs more borders. That checkerboard border is perfect. It brings back the little 4patch block (secondary pattern) in the middle of each circle. I too love it! Congrats on a finished.

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a great quilt! Love the black and white checkerboard!!!

Nell's Quilts said...

Your quilt is lovely and the black and white checker board is just perfect for all the happy colour in the middle.

Angie said...

This turned out just wonderful! The checkerboard border is perfect. The whole effect makes me smile!

Grit said...

This looks Fantastic !!!!

audrey said...

Your quilt looks fabulous! The checkerboard adds such a great little spark to the quilt.:)

Manuela said...

Cogratulation.
The quilt looks fantastic.

Greetings, Manuela

Deb A said...

It looks perfect to me! I just love how this came out and it was so fun to watch it progress each month. Thanks for letting us see you create this one.

Quilter Kathy said...

Absolutely amazing! I love this quilt Ellen! And I know how hard those blocks were to sew!! You did a great job on this treasure!

Peg said...

Wow! Been watching this one grow, and it's turned into an absolute beauty! And the checkerboard is a perfect finish!

scraphappy said...

What a fun process this one has been. I've enjoyed following your through all the blocks and the design decisions. The finished quilt is FABULOUS! Congratulations.

Cathy Tomm said...

Wow so great to see one of the RSC quilts done. I love the checker boarder and no, it did not need another boarder.

Cathy said...

Congrats on a finish. That is one gorgeous quilt.

Aunt 'Reen said...

This quilt is just gorgeous!
Love the final borders too - what a fabulous finish to the wonderful quilt!

Jo said...

Wow, you did a really great job.
The rainbow blocks work well together and so does the border.so much fun