Saturday, March 29, 2014

Sew n' Social


This morning I took part in the Sew n' Social function hosted by the Region of York Quilters Guild. The idea was to make 18 baby quilts that would be donated to the Rose of Sharon which is an organization that helps young mother's and their children. The quilt kits were already made up and provided to us by the Outreach volunteers. All we had to do was bring our sewing machines and our enthusiasm!

I arrived a wee bit late and I did take part in a lot of the social part of the function so I didn't get as much done as I had hoped but I had such a good time...I met more people and that was really good! I even managed to get most of a baby quilt top pieced together and I just finished it up when I got home. These really are baby sized and will finish at around 36" square.

flimsy pieced by another Guild member
I also brought home one flimsy that another member pieced together and I will quilt it and sew the binding on it. I will make a point of getting them finished in time to bring to the next Guild meeting.

4 comments:

audrey said...

Very generous of all that participated! The first little baby quilt esp. is very sweet.

Catherine Shepherd said...

Aren't guild sew-in days fun?!? It's the best way to get to know people. That's how this solitary quilter turned into a bit of a social butterfly.

belarmina said...

que buena y gran iniciativa!!!
felicidades
los edredones son bonitos
saludos

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

The little quilt tops are wonderful! I am sure all the mothers that receive them will be happy with your gift and babies that receive them will kept cozy and warm.

Love sis