Thursday, March 6, 2014

Scrappy Love

I just finished putting all of the blocks together for this quilt and I just love it. It is just so scrappy and fun! Even though I used darker coloured fabrics I think this design would work wonderfully with feminine fabrics as well. For this quilt I decided to stay away from really bright or really feminine fabrics because it will be going to one of my nephews.

At this point, the top is approx 72" x 84" but I do still plan to add a border. I haven't decided how wide I will make the border but it will definitely be scrappy too.

I have already pulled a stack of 2" strips in various colours that I plan to use for the border and I will get to work on that tomorrow.

17 comments:

Linda said...

It is a scrappy delight! Love it!

Terry said...

It looks great! :0)

Catherine Shepherd said...

Oh wow! It looks fabulous! So complex looking from such a simple block. That one's going to have to go on my list.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love your scrappy quilt!!

Michelle said...

Looks great Ellen !!

Prima Donna said...

Ellen, you did an awesome job choosing these scrapy fabrics. They all look fantastic together in this quilt.

Manuela said...

It looks great.

Have a nice weekend, Manuela

Jo said...

Luv it

Well done

Quilter Kathy said...

Fantastic! It just sparkles!

Connie said...

It looks beautiful!

Kyrotime said...

Your quilt looks great! I finished mine with a piano key border. It's another way to stay with your scrappy theme & use up some more scraps. Looks great!

Dona said...

I love this quilt. What is the name of the pattern?

Zenia Rene said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

Zenia Rene said...

It's perfect! Do you have a tutorial or pattern?

grandmajo's update said...

Love your scrappy quilt - what pattern is it?

Barbara Smith said...

Little Jewels Scrappy Love is wonderful, nothing beats a nice bright scrappy quilt!

Bernapatch said...

Superbe ! Bravo