Thursday, March 27, 2014

Round Robin



I am very happy....I finally got my latest round finished on my Round Robin quilt. It looks so good in person but when I take a photo it really does not do it justice. I think it has an old world charm to it...really quite wonderful!
close up of the latest border
For my round, I added narrow strips of a solid neutral and a dark green and lastly the zigzag. I wasn't sure how I was going to finish the corners and I thought I would try to continue the zigzag somehow but I couldn't make it work out. I got the final corners figured out on the second attempt. On my first try they were off a 1/4" on the alignment of the zigzag. I think it was because I had made the corner blocks exactly 6.5" and when I stitched them together they didn't align at all. I recut the blocks and made them over-sized and I aligned the zigzags as I sewed them and then trimmed to size. I am pretty happy with the way they turned out. My square is getting big - it is 40" now.

When I went to Toronto the other day I picked up my sister's block and I just love it. She did a great job on the border. It is very simple but effective! Her square is smaller than mine - just 33". Now I have to figure out what I am going to do with it. So many possibilities...so much angst...and a ton of fun.

8 comments:

Terry said...

It looks wonderful! Congratulations on getting it finished! :0)

canuckquilter said...

Both quilts are looking good. How many more rounds to go?

Deb A said...

Love how your corners turned out. Both quilts are beautiful - how many rounds are you planning on? Love seeing how each of you add your personality to the quilts in each round.

Angie said...

Thanks for sharing your progress on these quilts - so much fun to watch everything evolve! I would love to make quilts with my sisters, but they don't sew. :-(

audrey said...

Very fun! I've really enjoyed following along with your round robin. Wonderful that you're doing this with your sister so the angst should hopefully be a little less problematic?:)

Linda said...

They both look wonderful!

belarmina said...

felicidades!!!
se ve precioso
saludos

Prima Donna said...

How fun. Wish I could talk my sister into learning to quilt. She sews very well. Can't wait to see what ya'll come up with next.