Friday, March 7, 2014

Round Robin


I was in Toronto today and I stopped by to visit with my Mom for a few minutes and met up with my sister Cheryl as well. We were both finished working on the round robin quilt tops so we did the swap today. This is what my quilt top looks like now - I am so excited! I think she did a great job on her border and now I have to figure out what I am going to do next. I do have a few ideas and hopefully one of them will work for me.

This is her quilt top after I had my turn with it. I added the two narrow borders in a neutral and dark brown around the center block and then added the pinwheel border. When I first got the center block I felt like it was going to be a real challenge to work with the gray/blue fabric but once I started digging through my stash I realized that I had quite a bit of the same colour in multiple fabrics. How did that happen??

I found one fabric that had a similar blue with a small brown print and then I found a brown floral type fabric that also had a similar blue and a bit of red. I knew I wanted to add red to her block so that worked out perfectly. Next I dug through my parts bins and I found quite a few of the red half square triangles and they were perfect too!

I hope she likes what I have done to her block as much as I like what she has done to mine!

I am looking forward to seeing what we both come up with for this next round. This round robin thing is a lot of fun!!

11 comments:

Chantal said...

Funny how both of you added two borders before adding the pieced border. Hmmm! Sisters! A funny thread connects them. (I'm connected with mine too. LOL!)

Manuela said...

Both round robin looks great.

Have a nice weekend, Manuela

Sheila said...

Beautifully pieced! Wow. Look at those points. You go girl!

Deb A said...

Love how you both added two small borders around the first block! Too funny. Both quilts are looking great. Looking forward to seeing the next step completed.

Cath said...

I think you have both done a wonderful job with each others quilts.
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

belarmina said...

que gran sorpresa para las dos !!!
son verdaderamente preciosos
no se decidir,los dos me gustan
gran trabajo.....
buen domingo

jan said...

They look terrific Ellen. How fun to do a round Robin with your sister!

Linda said...

Love what you both have done. They look great. How many rounds will you do?

Aunt 'Reen said...

It's really interesting and wonderful to see how both of you are choosing your "rounds". I love the pattern designs you are both choosing and find it so interesting to see how similar - yet different your fabric colors/choices are.

audrey said...

Your round robin quilts are looking great! I especially like the pinwheel border.:)

Sheryl S. said...

They are both lovely