Sunday, March 2, 2014

Mercer County Star


Mercer County Star
This is the second block that has been released for the Threads of Memory Block of the Month hosted by Barbara Brackman at her blog Civil War Quilts.

For this block I was able to select most of my fabric from the grab bags that I purchased here. The fabric I chose to use for the corner blocks came from my stash although I did originally have a different fabric chosen from the grab bags but in the end I liked this option best.

I really want to order more of these grab bags because they contain such a wonderful variety of 1800s type fabrics. They are perfect for me because they really do enhance the fabric that I have in my stash. I will have to wait to save up some funds for them first because the shipping cost is quite high and I won't order until I have enough $$ to buy many bags so that I can really fill up a big box of goodies!

These blocks are wonderful and I am really enjoying making them and there is an added bonus in that it is so interesting to read the blog postings that go along with them. At just one block a month it is really quite easy to keep up with.
Portsmouth Star and Mercer County Star

I took a photo of the first two blocks together - they are lookin' good!

9 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Such beautiful blocks Ellen... I really must get myself organized and get started on these!

Prima Donna said...

These stars are lovely. I am making a civil war stars quilt also. I do love those civil war fabrics. Star quilts are my favorites. Thanks for sharing.

Angie said...

Your stars look terrific! I was going to just observe this BOM, but I might have to (quickly!) re-think that. Oh, but then BB is also starting a Jane Austen BOM soon. So many quilts - so little time!

Manuela said...

Wonderful your blocks.

Greetings, Manuela

Deb A said...

So pretty! I'm going to have to try some of those grab bags at some point. They look like fun.

belarmina said...

unas estrellas preciosas!!!
me gustan
saludos

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Another gorgeous block!

audrey said...

Wonderful blocks! Love the fabrics in the second one esp..:)

Grit said...

I love your blocks.